We strongly recommend all hosts have insurance for their properties, including public liability.

Please also ensure you are aware of the Safer Farms guidelines produced by WorkSafe NZ.

WWOOFers – you are responsible for your own safety. It is really important to check you have insurance that covers your medical care including transportation home, accidents, dental and loss of property. Make sure your insurer knows that you will be a volunteer on a farm.

Some insurance companies such as WORLD NOMADS provide insurance specifically for volunteers including WWOOFers. You can buy and claim online, even after you have left home. Travel insurance from World Nomads is available to people from 140 countries. It is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including WWOOFing.

WORLD NOMADS provide insurance specifically for volunteers, including WWOOFers.

Get a quote below: