Do I need Insurance?

All hosts should have insurance. Most take out public liability insurance as well. You must also make sure you are aware of Work Safe guidelines.

WWOOFers – you are responsible for your own safety. Check you have insurance that covers medical care including transportation home, accidents, dental and loss of property.  Make sure your insurer knows that you will be a volunteer on a farm.

In NZ we have Accident Compensation (ACC) and it covers you for genuine accidents ONLY needing medical care while you are in New Zealand. 

WORLD NOMANDS and STA TRAVEL provide insurance specifically for volunteers including WWOOFers. You can check these out on the Insurance page.

Please log in to rate this.
9 people found this helpful.

← Faqs